The staff of Wic-Can Fest do not wish to curtail your enjoyment. Please remember that these rules have been put in place for your safety, the safety of the festival site, the safety of others, and for the general enjoyment of all. Those who do not respect the rules of the festival will be asked to leave! It is vital that those planning on attending this year’s festival understand that no one is permitted on the festival grounds prior to 3:00 pm on the first day of the festival. The site is usually hosting another event before ours begins. Please make your travel arrangements accordingly, or take advantage of the local restaurants and shops until then. Please note that EVERYONE attending the festival will be expected to take ALL garbage and recyclables home with them. Thank you for your consideration and understanding. The Earth is our mother. Do not litter anywhere. If you see litter, pick it up. Leave your site as if you never were. Thank you!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Please respect the rules and prerequisites (if any) of the diverse offerings rituals and special presentations on site, even if you do not understand them...it is a matter of respect.
- It is not permitted to dig or create any additional fire pits or to collect ANY living vegetation for firewood.
- Please use the wood provided by the festival for cooking and camping purposes.
- At least one parent or legal guardian MUST accompany any minor attending the festival.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times. Parents who do not, in the opinion of the festival Directors, exercise good parental care of their children, will be asked to leave.
- No child under age 12 may be left unattended near ANY body of water on the site.
- No sexually aggressive or inappropriate behavior will be tolerated on the site.
- You are not permitted to wander through the site at large while skyclad.
- Except at the discretion of the Festival, no electrically amplified instruments may be used.
- Video cameras are not permitted and will be confiscated.
- It is also against the festival rules to photograph anyone without their prior consent. This also means: no Ritual or group shots. Cell phones, iPads and the likes, are not permitted at the main fire, for the same reason.
- There shall be NO washing of any kind, including hair, bodies, clothing etc, in the river. There are showers and sinks provided for this purpose.
- Do not flush ANYTHING in the toilets, except for human waste, and only pee is allowed in the urinals. The plumbing of the facility is fragile and septic pumping fees are outrageous. Therefore, use the garbage bins.
- Anyone creating a hazard to the site or creating a situation that could have a potentially hazardous outcome will be asked to leave.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in all cabins and in the dining hall. It is permitted to smoke elsewhere on the site provided you dispose of your cigarette butts in an environmentally friendly way. (Use the Butt Cans provided).
- Except by special permission, pets are not permitted on site. Service animals are, of course, the exception. If necessary, please make arrangements with the local kennel.
- Thou shalt endeavor to conduct thyself with self respect and respect for others at all times.
- All laws of Canada and the Province Of Ontario apply to those visiting the festival.
- The Earth is our mother. Please do not litter anywhere on the site. If you see litter, pick it up. Thank you!
Anyone violating these rules will be expelled without refund. Thank you for being honorable!